Green House (Ecury House)
|Open to public:||Yes|
This protected monument in the center of Oranjestad was built in 1929 by Architect Merdardo ‘Dada’ Picus. The property got the nickname ‘Cas Ecury’ because it had been the family home of the S.N. Ecury family for many years.
The restoration was conducted on the initiative of the Archaeological Museum and ‘Monumentenbureau Aruba’ (Monument Office Aruba) and was funded by the European Union. The restoration architect was Studio Bichara and the renovation management was conducted by ir. B. Kamsteeg of BK Consult.
Currently the property serves as the entrance, exhibition space and office of the Archeological Museum.